ELENA is finally ported to Linux. The first alpha release is available at http://sourceforge.net/projects/elenalang/files/ELENA%202.x/builds/
From the beginning I planned to implement ELENA on several platforms. But it took a lot of time to actually did this. When I implemented Unicode support I chose UTF-16 because of Windows. But when I started porting to Linux I realize that it gives me actually no advantages, so I switched to UTF-8 and now ELENA internally is 100% UTF-8. UTF-16 is used in Windows version for file and display operations. LiteralValue is UTF-8. For Windows I implemented WideLiteralValue, which is UTF-16 and CharValue is UTF-32.
Currently only console operations are supported but I will move the rest of the code (except GUI) during this month.